Cloth cosplays are one of the most common type of cosplays you see present in cosplay or hobby conventions. This is due to the reason that they are quite easier to make compared to armored cosplays and cost less. Aside from these simple things to why cloth cosplays are awesome, there are also other good things about it as well.
Easy to Find Materials
Unlike armored cosplay materials, materials that are needed for cloth cosplays are not hard to find and they are not expensive to acquire. Materials are abundant and they are detailed varieties in order to accurately make your cosplay a reality.
Less Time Consuming
An armor cosplay costume takes a lot of time and dedication to complete. Not to mention you need to master a bevy of crafting techniques just so you can complete one. For cloth cosplays, all you need are simple tailoring skills. You can also don’t need much in the way of assistance; you can make your cosplay costume by yourself. And if all else fails, it’s easy to seek help since tailors and dressmakers are ubiquitous. If you are really good at the craft, you can finish your cosplay in less than two weeks.
More Creative Ideas
Engaging into cloth cosplays can make your creative side to shine. You can use different sewing, embroidery, and other tailoring techniques to complete your costume with ease. With easy-to-find materials and enough tailoring experience, you are sure to pull off an epic cosplay costume with little to no hassle.
Tailoring Tips and Tricks
- Remember to keep all your materials in one place. Your sewing tools should be kept in one container and your sewing machine should be in an open area where you can comfortably work.
- Before you use your sewing machine, ensure first that it’s in tip-top shape.
- Before you buy a certain material for your cosplay, visit other shops and compare prices before making a final decision.
- Don’t aim for expensive accessories for your costume. Check if there are cheaper alternative or if you can make the accessories by yourself.
- If you feel that you are not confident with your sewing skills, there are lots of sewing tutorials on the Internet to help you.
- Hard to make a pattern for the specific cosplay? There are actually online patterns that you can download and print out as a guide to help you on some of the costume parts.
- Do not use substandard tailoring tools to make your costume. You might end up injuring yourself.
When you have finally got the hang of creating cloth costumes, you can actually make it a business venture to help you earn. Accept commissions and make sure to complete them before the deadline. Once you made one successful commission, other commissions will follow. Not only will you end up doing what you love to do, you will also earn from your pastime.